Motivational Quote of the Week



"It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up."

Vince Lombardi

Week 1 (Amy)

We made a pact. And we shook on it. No matter what happens with the other person's weight loss, there would be no animosity between us. We support one another through whatever. So last week, we figured points values, we labeled things. I opened the fridge one morning to find little blue sticky notes stuck to all the containers, telling me how many points per serving. I love it when the hubby means business! I know I will be much more successful at this because we are doing this together.

Then came the downer. Today, Tuesday, is weigh-in day. John's total loss = 11 lbs. ELEVEN POUNDS. In one week! Amy's total weight loss = 0 lbs. Yep. Zilch. Nada. Nuttin'. Whyyyyyyyy? I stuck to my points (except for Sunday, and I've always splurged on Sunday and it never slowed me down). I drank my water. I'm the one who found all these great Weight Watchers recipes and made out the meal plans and bought the groceries and cooked the food!! So I tried not to send any dark looks his way this morning. I really did. But I think a couple snuck out. Slithered into the atmosphere, refusing to be contained. I mean, I expected him to lose more than me, because males generally do lose more than females. But come on!!

Here we are, week 1, and at least one of us is being successful. I'm trying to think positive--next week, look out! I'm gonna lose double what he loses. Not that I'm competing with him, but if I could just lose a few pounds. Just one measly pound? Is that asking too much? It would make it a lot more fun, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Amy! :o)
    You could always go and listen to Michael Pearl's Podcast on 50 sins--The sin of Gluttony. :o) Really, I don't think I'll be able to sit and listen to a fat preacher preach again. LOL You know how he just "lays it all out there'. J/K But it did motivate me to not 'overdo' it and have some self-control (which lack-of is a SIN). Oh boy, these early morning sessions are causing so many sins to be revealed in my life. Well, praise God that I have them revealed NOW and not later. :o)
    Love ya hern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add that I'm proud of ya!

    ReplyDelete

Goals

John