Motivational Quote of the Week



"It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up."

Vince Lombardi

It's Alive!!




Our blog, that is....it's been dead for awhile, but is slowly coming back to life. Kind of like our diet..no, we haven't abandoned our diet, just been making some transitions.

These transitions do not appear to be producing a lot of weight loss--let me explain. We are moving toward a meat-free, mainly fresh fruits and veggies kind of diet. Yesterday, I ate my first piece of chicken in two weeks! It was good, but not THAT good. I really do not miss meat all that much. I find I fill up on fruits and veggies and am just as satisfied. As a result of this transition, we have not been writing down what we eat or keeping up with "points" or calories. I think this is where we are falling off the wagon. This week, we are going to start back.

We went out to eat this weekend to the place where they grow the olives. Funny, the only olives I've ever eaten there were a few that found their way into the fresh garden salad. Anyway, John was good--he ordered the salad and feasted on a few stuffed mushrooms. I, on the other hand, could not resist ordering a bowl of fettuccine alfredo. Meatless, yes...loaded with calories, yes....resulting in an abundance of heart burn, yes. Worth it...no. As I ate the salad served beforehand, I thought, wow, this is awesome...why did I order pasta? But I ate it anyway. Note to self: next time, eat the salad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals

John