Motivational Quote of the Week



"It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up."

Vince Lombardi

Week 7 (John)

This week we have lost a combined total of 4 lbs. Well, I have lost the 4 lbs. this week and the tables have turned on Amy. She sits with a zero.

Technically she is not sitting, she has begun a walking routine that she hopes will promote her weightloss. I think I will try to keep up with her but not too sure about the power-walking, side-steping, hand-clapping, toe-touching routines that she manages.

I did however reach another goal this past week that I had set when beginning to lose weight. 50 push-ups! I know this may not seem like a lot to some people but at 310 lbs and out of shape I could barely crank out 10. Thus I employed my son to assist me in increasing my output. I would do 10 for 1 week and then I would let him sit on my back or shoulders really and add a little weight for a few days. When I would do them after that it seemed easy to increase my reps so I added 5 more each time we did that. Really I am shocked that after about 6 weeks I went from 10 to 50. I actually did 4 sets of 25 the other night. I am not desiring to increase beyond that point but rather maintain that ability. My next goal is pullups/chinups - I hope to knock out 10 of each, which is astronomical when I cant even do 1 at this point.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, today's Wednesday, March 04, 2009. I know you weighed yesterday. 'Fess up. How much did you gain? Go ahead and tell us. Confession has a cleansing effect. You'll feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. waitin on amy to post this week... not very much to brag about this time...just hangin in there...!

    How are you doing on yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 28 lbs as of 2 weeks ago. Need to weigh in again. The scales here at the health department aren't equipped for me, so I drive out to the scales at the local landfill.

    Just Kidding.

    I have to weigh at Dr. Manning's office in Toxey. Her scales are equipped to weigh someone like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job... keep up the progress...

    ReplyDelete

Goals

John